SAAM is here!
Are you ready for April? It's here! April is Sexual Assault Awareness Month, and it's an exciting time to use our voices to raise awareness and prevent sexual violence.
The 2013 Sexual Assault Awareness Month (SAAM) campaign focuses on healthy sexuality and child sexual abuse prevention. This April, join the conversation. Start talking about healthy childhood development to prevent child sexual abuse. These campaign tools help to answer the question, "What do you need to know about childhood sexual development?"
10 Ways to Participate
1. Highlight the SAAM Day of Action on Tuesday, April 2!
2. Share resources that prevent child sexual abuse. Learn more about how all adults can play a role in healthy childhood sexual development:
3. Spread the word! Campaign logos, posters and images for Facebook and Twitter are available for download.
4. Meet us on the Street! Take a stand to end harassment for International Anti-street Harassment Week, April 7-13, 2013
5. Find or share an event in your community. Connect with a local organization and promote what’s happening locally.
6. Join us for Twitter chats on Tuesdays in April! #TweetAboutIt
7. Use your voice to “Talk early, talk often.” Find inspiration from the SAAM blog “Talk early, talk often” series.
8. Represent by wearing denim on “Denim Day” Wednesday, April 24.
9. Celebrate visionaries! Visionary Voices Award winners across the country as making a difference.
10. Educate and promote media literacy! Discounts on Media Education Foundation films for SAAM
Visit www.nsvrc.org/saam to learn more. Many resources are available in Spanish (recursos en Español). Share with us! Let us know how you are participating in SAAM. Share events, videos, pictures and announcements with NSVRC on Facebook and Twitter.
Even more ways to show support!
Again, be sure to join us for our first twitter chat tomorrow on the SAAM Day of Action at 2pm EST with Dr. Janet Rosensweig. Just include #TweetAboutIt in your tweet and follow @NSVRC. All are welcome!
Also, check out these t-shirts available for SAAM. Let other's know you support "A future free of sexual violence," and a portion of proceeds are donated to NSVRC.