Helping Young People Set Personal Boundaries Training
This is an advanced training provided by Planned Parenthood of Central PA designed for teachers, social workers, caseworkers, counselors, group home and redicential staff and other professionals who work with youth and have a basic understanding of sexual health topics.
Decision making skills related to sexual health behaviors take more than just knowing the facts about risks and consequences.
We will take a deeper look at strategies that support young people in setting personal boundaries. Participants will acquire eight lesson plans and learn new ways to communicate with youth about sexual health.
At the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- List 5 components of sexuality
- Describe at least 3 ways people learn about sexuality
- Explain the basic steps of the Decision Making Tree framework
- Describe 4 learning activities that can be used to increase young people's understanding of the importance of setting personal boudaries related to sexual behaviors
- Explain teaching stragegies that can influence young people's knowledge and self-efficacy related to risk reduction