Media & Technology in Sexual violence Prevention
Media and technology offer essential tools to advance prevention efforts. What are best practices for their use and what are alternatives for individuals without ready access to these tools? We will explore social media like the old standbys, Facebook and Twitter, plus newer and genre-specific sites; technology from flip phones to geotrackers; media from movies to magazines. You don't have to be a techie to get the most out of today's technology - learn how to promote positive, healthy behavior using media and technology at any skill level.Objectives:
- Describe why media and technology are useful in sexual violence prevention.
- Identify at least three strategies for use in sexual violence prevention work.
- Identify at least three technological tools for use in sexual violence prevention work.
- Articulate at least one best practice for media and one best practice for technology use in sexual violence prevention work.
- Identify at least one alternative strategy for media and one alternative strategy for technology in sexual violence prevention.
Presented by Ashley Maier, Training & Technical Assistance Coordinator with California Coalition Against Sexual Assault's national PreventConnect project