Strategic Planning for Victim Service Leaders
This workshop expands upon the Basics of Strategic Planning training to provide participants with hands-on experience developing a strategic plan for their own organizations. The training draws from materials contained in OVC’s Strategic Planning Toolkit. Following the training, you will be encouraged to request specialized technical assistance from OVC TTAC to help you implement a comprehensive strategic plan.
By the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Define strategic planning.
- Articulate the importance of strategic planning.
- Describe the strategic planning process.
- Identify and use strategies for developing an effective strategic planning group.
- Identify and use strategies for determining if the organization is ready for a strategic plan.
- Identify and use strategies for creating a common ground and respectful environment in a strategic planning group.
- Use the SWOT analysis method to assess an organization’s current status.
- Identify strategies for collecting and consolidating data about an organization’s current status.
- Identify and develop guiding statements (values, vision, and mission).
- Identify and develop clear goals and objectives.
- Identify strategies for setting priorities based on the list of goals and objectives.
- Identify elements of a strategic plan.
- Write a strategic plan outline.
- Identify elements of an action plan and strategies for developing an action plan.
- Identify potential resources needed for a strategic plan initiative.
- Identify possible sources of financial support for a strategic plan initiative.
- Identify what strategic plan marketing is and why it is important.
- Identify sample marketing strategies.
- Identify why evaluating or tracking the progress of a strategic plan is important.
- Identify sample evaluation strategies.