Preventing Campus Sexual Violence in Virginia: Using a Social Justice Lens to Advance our Work
GoalThis conference will use a social justice lens to engage participants in preventing campus sexual violence. Specifically, the conference will provide participants with an opportunity to learn a variety of prevention principles from leaders in the field and encourage participants to apply the knowledge within their communities. Ample time will also be given for networking and idea sharing among participants.Objectives
- Participants will gain a better understanding of sexual violence prevention and its uses with college populations.
- Participants will be able to apply tools to plan and implement sexual violence prevention initiatives.
- Participants will be exposed to promising practices in campus sexual violence prevention, as well as emerging innovations.
- Participants will be able to apply a social justice lens to sexual violence prevention work.
- Participants will meet and learn from others engaging in campus sexual violence prevention work across the state.
Who should attend?This conference is open to anyone interested in preventing sexual violence on Virginia’s college and university campuses. The voices of students and survivors are integral to accomplishing the conference’s goals and objectives; therefore we particularly encourage students and survivors to attend.Additionally, we invite:
- Administrators, student affairs practitioners, campus advocates, mental health workers, and health educators from 2 and 4-year, public and private colleges and universities.
- Community sexual violence prevention practitioners whose target populations include college students.
- Anyone interested in learning more about campus sexual violence prevention.
While this conference is targeted toward Virginia campuses and communities, we also welcome those outside of Virginia who would like to attend.