Sexual Assault, Domestic Violence, Child and Elder Abuse...From Scene to Courtroom
Join fellow law enforcement personnel, prosecutors, nurses, victim advocates, judges, rape crisis workers, criminalists, crime scene investigators, physicians, military criminal justice and healthcare providers, forensic examiners, and EMS personnel for this cutting edge conference. We will focus on a broad array of emerging forensic practices, in sexual assault, interpersonal violence, human traffi cking, child and elder abuse in both an urban and rural environment.
This conference is designed to provide a multidisciplinary interactive and joint educational opportunity regarding promising practices when working with victims of violence. Topics will include working with multidisciplinary teams and learning to consider all of the forensic implications on the street, in healthcare settings, and in the court room. Since violence is a health care crisis, we will focus on approaching forensic issues in a caring, collaborative, coordinated, compassionate, competent, and victim-centered process.
Register online. Once you’re on the Classes and Events page go to “class title” and select “Forensic Conference” from the dropdown menu. Questions about registration? Call St. Luke’s NurseLine at 816-932-6220.
- Sgt. Joanne Archambault (Training/Executive Director of End Violence Against Women International)
- Ryan Rezelle, MFS (Johnson County Crime Lab Supervisor)
- Dr. Timothy Kutz (Child Protection Director, St. Louis, MO)
- Detective Catherine Johnson (Adult Sex Crimes, KCPD)
- Dr. Mary Dudley (Forensic Pathologist & Coroner, KCMO)
- Dr. Besant Matthews (Former Deputy Chief Medical Examiner)
- Debra Publisi-Sharp, RN (Author/Inspirational Speaker)
- Dr. Michael Weaver (System Medical Director, Forensic Care Program)
- BACA (Bikers Against Child Abuse)