Identifying and Responding to Elder Abuse
This 2-day training provides participants the information and skills to identify, respond to, and prevent elder abuse. The curriculum covers topics such as the types of elder abuse and the settings in which abuse might be found, the perpetrators and prevalence of elder abuse, and the intervention role of the victim service professional.
Participants will learn to:
- Recognize the signs of elder abuse and its impact on victims.
- Identify the types of elder abuse.
- Recognize the risk factors that may be encountered in various situations.
- Respond proactively to situations in which elder abuse is suspected.
- Identify how to obtain additional information and relevant statutes.