Florida Council Against Sexual Violence 2010 Conference
Learn how to prevent violence in your community, increase the involvement of men in anti-violence work, view sexual assault in the context of human rights, and provide clinical support to survivors of trauma. Enjoy wellness workshops and beautiful, sunny Sarasota!
FCASV has issued a call for proposals for this conference. FCASV is seeking proposals on all topics related to sexual violence. The Florida Coaltion on Domestic Violence will have a domestic violence track at the conference and is also welcoming proposals. Proposals are due February 5, 2010.
- Dorothy Edwards – “Green Dot: A Comprehensive Approach to Violence Prevention”
- Byron Hurt – “Beyond Denial and Deflection: How to Inspire Men to Look Within”
- Loretta Ross – “Ending Violence Against Women through Human Rights”
- Clinical track featuring Steven Gold, Ph.D. – “Contextual Therapy: Treating Survivors of Complex Trauma”
- Domestic violence track hosted by Florida Coalition Against Domestic Violence
- Theatrical performance by Amy Marschak – “An Angel Cried a Tear Last Night”