Spanish Speaking Forensic Interviewing Training
This training is specifically designed for child interviewers who are proficient in Spanish and conduct some or all of their interviews in Spanish. The instruction will be presented in both English and Spanish. Small group work and discussions will be conducted in Spanish only. Background of interviewers may be law enforcement, child protective service workers, or employees of Children's Advocacy Centers.
In this session, you will:
- examine current theories and practice related to the structure of child forensic interviews.
- apply lessons from research and practice with English-speaking children to interviews of children whose first language is not English.
- explore the alternatives for serving Spanish-speaking children and their families in a multi-system process.
- develop and refine interviewing skills during a Child Interview Practicum with Spanish-speaking children.
- identify Spanish words and phrases commonly used in interviews that do not clearly translate into English.
- examine the use of interpreters both with children and within an English-speaking system.
- explore wellness and burnout issues that relate to working with maltreated children.
- learn new approaches to wellness and self-care.
Faculty for this training include Pauline Lucero Esquivel, MA, LMSW, LPCC; Maria Rosales-Lambert; and Linda Cordisco Steele, MEd, LPC; as well as others with expertise in working with Latino populations and child abuse investigations.
Registration fee: $949.00
If you have additional questions contact Ericka Pollitt at 256-327-3746 or email@example.com .