Call for abstracts: End Violence Against Women International (EVAWI) 2014 Conference
End Violence Against Women International (EVAWI) is inviting abstracts for presentations to be given at our 2014 conference, to be held on April 22-24, 2014 in Seattle, Washington. EVAWI’s international conference promotes innovative techniques, unique approaches, and promising practices in responding to crimes of violence against women. The EVAWI conference takes a multi-disciplinary approach to training, bringing together all members of the first responder team.
We are seeking proposals for presentations that meet the conference objectives, which are to:
- Improve the care and response to victims of sexual assault, domestic violence and stalking;
- Improve collaboration among first responders through a multi-disciplinary approach;
- Improve the prosecution of all perpetrators of violence against women;
- Promote effective prevention and risk reduction programs
- Quality and originality;
- Relevance to the field and multiple disciplines;
- The extent to which the presentation identifies and addresses current and emerging issues facing first responders;
- Contribution to the body of research in the field (i.e. proposals backed by scientific research will be given preference).
All workshops are 90 minutes in length.
Deadline for submissions: Friday, June 7, 2013
Selected presenters will receive a complimentary registration, two nights' hotel accommodations, as well as travel expenses.