Opportunity to Present Your Poster at EVAWI 2013 Conference
End Violence Against Women International (EVAWI) invites proposals for posters to be displayed at our international conference which promotes innovative techniques, unique approaches, and promising practices in responding to crimes of violence against women. The EVAWI conference takes a multidisciplinary approach to training, bringing together all of the professionals who respond to victims of sexual assault, domestic violence, and stalking.
We are seeking proposals for posters that meet the conference objectives, which are to:
- Improve the care and response to victims
- Increase collaboration among criminal justice and community professionals
- Support prosecution to hold perpetrators accountable
- Promote effective prevention and risk reduction programs
Posters will be available for viewing throughout the International Conference on Sexual Assault, Domestic Violence, and Stalking, which will take place April 3 - 5, 2013, in Baltimore, MD. For more information on the conference and how to register, please see the event listing.
We specifically encourage poster submissions from students, first-time presenters, and researchers whose work is not yet complete.
Evaluation Criteria for Posters
Poster session proposals will be evaluated on the basis of the following criteria:
- Quality and originality
- Relevance to the field and multiple disciplines
- The extent to which the presentation identifies and addresses current and emerging issues in the field
- Contribution to the body of research (i.e. proposals backed by scientific research will be given preference)
- Clarity of communication
Poster size must be no wider than 22" and no taller than 30".
Please complete the form found at the site below and submit it along with:
- CV (Curriculum Vitae) or Resumé
- Biographical Sketch
- Abstract (up to 500 words) describing the poster
- At least two or three objectives for the poster presentation
Email your submission to email@example.com or mail to:
EVAWI, P.O. Box 33, Addy, WA 99101.
You may fax the requested information to (509) 684-9801.
Submission Deadline: Friday, March 1, 2013.
NOTE: No financial compensation or reimbursement will be offered to those presenting a poster.