Director of the Women's Center
Join a vibrant campus community whose excellence is reflected in its diversity and student success. West Chester University of Pennsylvania is seeking applicants for the position, Director of the Women’s Center. The Director of the WCU Women’s Center is a full-time, 9 month position with potential for summer employment, within the Division of Student Affairs. The Women’s Center Director reports to the Assistant Dean of Students. The Director is responsible for the operation and administration of the West Chester University of Pennsylvania Women’s’ Center consistent with the mission of the center and the strategic vision of the University. Interviews will begin in Spring, 2014. Position is available August, 2014.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide resources, support, and referrals to students, faculty, and staff on gender-related matters and issues that disproportionately impact women.
- Design, implement, and assess co-curricular programming that promotes the safety, equity, and intellectual empowerment of women.
- Define expectations and supervise student leadership positions associated with the Women’s Center.
- Plans, implements, and evaluates programs and events relating to women’s health, safety, growth, and empowerment. Programmatic areas include sexual orientation, gender identity, leadership development, sexual assault, sexual harassment, dating violence, eating disorders, sexual health, career development, action for change, new student orientation, and other relevant issues.
- Work in close partnership with Office of Social Equity, New Student Programs, Office of Wellness Education, Counseling Center, Department of Public Safety and others on sexual misconduct prevention and victim assistance services.
- Manage endowments, grant monies, operational budget, scholarships, and programming associated with the Institute for Women, including the Newcombe Scholar Program for non-traditional women students.
- Cultivate relationships and outreach opportunities to increase student, faculty, staff, and community engagement in women’s and gender-related programs, educational initiatives, policy development, advocacy, and fundraising.
- Address the intersection of gender equity with other social justice issues in coalition with Office of LGBTQA Services, Office of Multicultural Affairs, Women’s and Gender Studies, Peace and Conflict Studies, Office of Social Equity, Office of Services for Students with Disabilities, and other stakeholders.
- Provide fiscal and operational oversight for the Women’s Center.
- Generate reports and provide assessment-based results that fulfill the mission of the Women’s Center, Division of Student Affairs, and West Chester University.
- Develop and implement strategic planning for the Women’s Center and participate in campus-wide planning for inclusion, equity, and safety.
- Chairs SRVP (Sexual and Relationship Violence Prevention) Committee and actively advocates for the rights of victims and reduction of violence in the campus and local communities.
- Represent the Women’s Center, Division of Student Affairs, and West Chester University on university and community-based committees.
- Pending necessary approval, candidates with necessary academic credentials may also be eligible to occasionally teach University courses for additional compensation.
Apply by on-line application at www.wcupa.edu/hr/application Electronic application allows for cover letter and resume attachments (required). References with contact information will be required prior to interview. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. West Chester University is an AA/EOE employer. Women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. The filling of this position is contingent upon available funding.