The MIS Director is responsible for managing all technology-related operations for PCAR and NSVRC. Primary functions include planning, day-to-day management, supervision of the IT team and consultants, budgeting, and planning for staff training needs. This position is a member of the management team and has responsibility for effective inter-departmental communication and understanding of the various teams’ technological functions and needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
Team Leadership and Supervision
- Provide day-to-day support, coordination and supervision for the IT Team.
- Establish a positive climate of customer service and collaboration with other teams.
- Submit reports of IT Team activities for funders, Board, and other constituents as needed.
- Conduct periodic agency-wide technology needs assessment and analysis.
- Select vendors and consultants as needed.
- Evaluate and plan for staff technology training.
- Oversee process of technology product evaluation, selection and purchasing.
Hardware and Software Management
- Approve software purchasing and licensing.
- Ensure proper and timely documentation of all technology inventory, processes, and functions.