This position is part-time, requiring 30 hours per week. It is classified as non-exempt in accordance with the Fair Labor Standards Act.
1. Provide assistance to the Executive Director and the Development & Marketing Director (DMD), including office management, development tasks, photocopying, organizing materials and mailings, filing, and other tasks as needed.
2. Serve as the primary administrative coordinator for the Center's business office.
·Answer business phone lines and provide office coverage during regular business hours.
·Recruit, train, and supervise volunteers and interns who provide administrative assistance.
·Process incoming and outgoing office mail.
·Work with other staff to coordinate the Center's printing and copying needs.
·Regularly monitor and purchase office supplies.
·Coordinate and maintain office calendar and scheduling of meetings and other events.
3. Provide staff support and assistance in the coordination of development events and projects.
·Provide administrative and logistical support for the Annual Holiday Auction, Sexual Assault Awareness Month, and other special events, including securing, tracking, and acknowledging donations; organizing volunteers; preparing and distributing materials; attending meetings and events; and other tasks as needed.
·Work with the DMD to maintain the Center’s donor database, run reports, and coordinate mailings.
·Work with the DMD and other staff to acknowledge donor and volunteer contributions to agency.
·Ensure that financial receipts are promptly deposited and well-documented.
·Work with the DMD on communications tasks, such as preparing e-mail newsletters, blog and website material, and other tasks as needed.
4. Work as a team member with other staff and volunteers, including assistance with volunteer training, client matters, and community outreach as necessary.
5. Coordinate general office maintenance and information technology.
·Accomplish simple office maintenance tasks.
·Serve as primary contact for contractors providing building maintenance.
·Serve as primary contact for contractors providing technology support.
·Maintain office network, computers, and technological equipment, including server data back-up and troubleshooting when problems arise.
6. Maintain appropriate standards of confidentiality.
7. Complete all relevant trainings and other tasks as required by supervisor.