Currently, the FBI has one (1) Victim Specialist opening for the Denver Field Office, located in the Lander, WY Resident Agency.
Candidates interested in applying for these positions are required to:
* Possess a bachelor's degree or higher in a behavioral or social science discipline or discipline related to the victim assistance field to include, but not limited to Criminal Justice, Social Work, Human Services, or Psychology; and,
* Have three (3) or more years’ experience providing direct, in-person service to victims of violent crime, preferably within a law enforcement environment, Domestic Violence, or Child Welfare/Abuse Victim Assistance Program.
* Have (3) or more years’ experience providing direct, in-person service to Native American victims of violent crime.
In addition to the requirements listed above, candidates applying for these positions will be selected based upon their experience, skills and competencies in the following areas:
* Experience in and ability to assess, triage, and provide direct, in-person crisis intervention services to victims of violent crime;
*Experience in responding to crime scenes to provide direct, in-person assistance to victims of violent crime when requested by law enforcement;
* Experience in and ability to identify, develop, and maintain, appropriate emergency and follow-up resources within the community, state, and/or federal arena in which to provide and/or refer victims of violent crime;
* Experience in and ability to liaison with and maintain relationships with local, state and federal agencies, human service systems, and non-profit organizations to ensure the smooth transition of and/or adequate and appropriate resources to victims of violent crime;
* Experience in and ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, sufficient to make presentations and to prepare clear, comprehensive, and concise documents and reports;
*Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with persons of different cultures, ethnicities, and socio-economic status and variety of personnel in varying positions both internal and external to the FBI, treating all individuals with patience, sensitivity, respect, and dignity; and,
* Ability to handle stress and make sound decisions.
If you are interested in the position for the Denver Field Office, located in the Lander WY Resident Agency please forward your resume and college transcripts to HR Specialist, Shari Davis  by 05/16/2014.
If you are unable to attach your documentation, the fax number is 304-625-4809, Attn: Shari Davis