Just Rural Webinar Series
- Child Sexual Assault Prevention
- Engaging Bystanders in Sexual Violence Prevention
- Healthcare Initiative
- Know Your Rights
- National Online Resource Center on Violence Against Women (VAWnet)
- National Sexual Assault Conference
- Rape Prevention & Education (RPE)
- RPE Council
- Rural Training Project
- Preventing Sexual Violence in Disasters
- SANE Sustainability TA
- Sexual Abuse in Detention Resource Center
- Sexual Assault Demonstration Initiative
- Sexual Assault Response Teams (SART)
- Sexual Violence & the Workplace
- US Territories
- Multilingual Access
The NSVRC hosts a series of webinars for OVW Rural Grantees Annual as part of the Just Rural Training and Technical Assistance Project. Webinar recordings are availble below.
Children Need Us All: Defining the Unique Roles of Victim Service Professionals in Responding to Child Sexual Abuse (1.5 hours)
Recorded April 9, 2013
This recorded webinar explores the unique roles of victim service professionals in responding to child sexual abuse. Participants will be able to share communication strategies to enhance multidisciplinary team members' ability to meet the needs of children who experience sexual abuse.
Let's Talk about It: SAAM as a Tool for Outreach (1.5 hours)
Recorded March 13th, 2013
This webinar recording provides an opportunity for rural grantees to learn about Sexual Assault Awareness Month as a campaign tool for outreach in their communities.
Uniquely Rural: Creating Effective Campaigns about Sexual Assault. (1.5 hours)
Recorded September 27, 2011
Learn how to create comprehensive campaigns about sexual violence that meet the unique needs of your rural community. An overview of key outreach strategies including: benefits and key components, as well as the sharing of Rural Public Service Announcements and associated materials, and highlights from OVW rural grantees was provided.
No Place Like Home (1.5 hours)
Recorded August 17, 2010
This webinar draws from available research and discusses the interconnectedness of sexual violence and housing especially in rural areas. The Spectrum of Prevention is applied as a blueprint for community-based housing advocacy strategies.
Additional Housing Resources:
- Housing and Sexual Violence: Overview of National Survey
- Housing and Sexual Violence Technical Assistance Bulletin
- Housing and Sexual Violence Fact Sheet
- Sexual Violence and the Spectrum of Prevention: Towards a Community Solution
- Housing and Sexual Violence Online Collection
- No Safe Place: Sexual Assault in the Lives of Homeless Women
- Sexual Violence in the Lives of African American Women: Risk, Response, and Resilience
- Opening the Door: An Advocates Guide to Housing and Sexual Violence
- National survey of advocates on sexual violence, housing and Violence Against Women Act