SAAM Day of Action
Tuesday, April 1, 2014
This nationally recognized day provides an opportunity for prevention advocates to engage with their communities. Plan or support a SAAM event in your community on April 1, and keep the conversation going all month long on NSVRC social networking sites.
SAAM Day of Action
The SAAM Day of Action will be observed on Tuesday, April 1, 2014. This is nationally recognized in the United States as a specific day to focus awareness on sexual violence prevention. Through coordinated planning of special events, advocates can raise awareness, media attention and national momentum for ending and preventing sexual violence.
Use SAAM campaign materials and resources for ideas on how to observe this day in your community. Check out our Event planning guide, Social media toolkit, How to create a campaign, Proclamation, Youth proclamation and Letter to the Editor.
Join the movement!
Join the movement and participate in the Sexual Assault Awareness Month campaign on social media.
Ways to participate
- Use tweets, posts, and status updates to spread the word about SAAM. Check out our Social media toolkit for ideas.
- Visit the SAAM blog for campaign updates and prevention resources. Join the conversation, leave a comment and share with us.
- #TweetAboutIt Tuesdays! Join us on Twitter for an hour-long town hall discussion every Tuesday in April.
- Participate in #30 Days of SAAM on Instagram. Follow daily prompts to inspire photos and sharing each day in April.
- Post a SAAM or healthy sexuality-related video to the NSVRC YouTube channel.
- Update your online profile or website by downloading a SAAM background, teal ribbon or SAAM logo.
- Highlight your event on the national event calendar, and check out events happening locally and across the country.
- Share your photos, videos, stories, and posts by email to or post on NSVRC social networking sites.
- Connect with NSVRC on Facebook and Twitter, and stay tuned for SAAM-related updates all month long. You’ll also find us on Instagram, Tumblr, Pinterest and YouTube.